Saturday, January 18, 2014

2014 Motivation

The New Year arrived with fresh hope and great expectations for the coming months.  The dust has settled from December's festive frenzy and I can feel myself settling into my most productive period of the year.  I've cleaned and organized my work space, ordered supplies and buffed and polished my online shops.  All is ready now to sit and create... and to water the poinsettia.

    Ideas are coming at a mad rate of speed and I sift through the silly and impossible to find the subjects with which I feel most comfortable.  Paint what you know.
    I remind myself that although some of my favorite subjects have been done, done and done again, there is always room for one more original interpretation.

I test myself to stretch my work in new directions.  Worst critic, greatest fan and my own personal trainer. W


 

2 comments:

  1. I know whatever you choose to do will be beautiful, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Kind words always motivate me to keep painting. W

      Delete