Saturday, October 4, 2014

How to Stay Creative

I seldom feel uninspired.  Oh, I may have the occasional day when negativity creeps in and overwhelms my creative side.  I've learned to wait out these unproductive moods and, sure enough, I wake the next morning to clarity and excitement over the beauty that waits out there to be discovered.  I try to live by these simple guidelines:

Don't let a moment of the day pass unnoticed.  Find the humor, the irony and the beauty in a seemingly lackluster experience.

Be patient.  If you haven't found your daily spark, don't stop looking.  It's there.

Let your mind wander outside the box.

Don't conform.
Be ready with notebook or camera.  "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans".
Nurture your creative self.  Give yourself a pat on the back each time you create something new.  The artist is an integral part of each creation.  Others can love it or leave it!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment